Qur’ân, Sunnah and Jurisprudence
This course covers a basic introduction to the field of Islamic Law, covering the basics of ulûm ul Qur’ân, ulûm ul hadîth and jurisprudence known as usûl ul fiqh.
The course aims to contextualise them and explain the importance and relevance of each so that the realm of Islamic Law can be appreciated from its authentic, verifiable divine sources.
The students are able to understand that Islamic Law cannot be made up or twisted, but has to follow a certain hierarchical methodology as explained by the prophet (s), the illustrious companions and the great scholars that followed thereafter.
The course will cover:
- Introduction to Shari'ah
- Ijtihad & Taqleed
- Differences of opinion
- The Qur'an: Compliation, preservation, revelation and explanation
- The Sunnah: Hadeeth classifications
- Ijma (Consesus) & its types
- Qiyas (Analogy)
- Other sources of Islamic Law
- Juristic principles
- Interpretations: Linguistic, General & Specific, Unrestricted and Qualified
Bookings for this course are not being taken at the moment
To keep informed of new courses and when they become available, please register on our mailing list for monthly updates.